Chapter 13 Payments - Modesto/Sacramento

TFS makes your trustee payments easy. Never miss a payment again. With TFS you can easily monitor your payments from the convenience and privacy of your home, avoid the time and expense of cashier checks and money orders, and automate your Chapter 13 payments online. There are 2 convenient ways to make payments using TFS Bill Pay.

1. Online Payments

TFS provides an easy-to-use online payment option for monthly bankruptcy payments.

Click here for more information.

2. MoneyGram

TFS enables you to make your monthly bankruptcy payments at any one of their 39,000 MoneyGram locations.

Click here for more information.

To sign up for this service or for more information, please go to or call (888) 729-2413. Your plan payments are due the 25th day of each month. If the 25th falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is due on the business day before the 25th. Please take these time frames, as well as any number of days that TFS may hold your payments into consideration when scheduling payments electronically.

* Please note that TFS Bill Pay is the only automated form of payment accepted by the Trustee's office. On-line bill pay checks initiated through your banking institution are not an acceptable form of payment.

Only certified funds, such as Cashier's Checks or Money Orders, will be accepted.

Cash, personal checks, business checks, and on-line bill pay checks WILL NOT be accepted.

Payments must be made payable to Lilian G. Tsang, Chapter 13 Trustee.

You must include your name and case number on each payment.

Payments must be mailed to:

Lilian G. Tsang, Chapter 13 Trustee

PO Box 104

Memphis, TN 38101-0104

Walk-in payments will not be accepted. Any payments mailed to the correspondence address will be returned to you which will delay the posting of your payment to your case.

Your payment is due the 25th day of each month. If the 25th falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is due on the business day before the 25th.

If you have requested a voluntary wage order, note that it may take several months for your employer to properly transmit funds to the Trustee's office. Please be advised that it is your responsibility to make payments on or before the 25th of each month to the Trustee's office until the wage order takes effect.

Debtor(s) Frequently Asked Questions

Every debtor must attend a 341 Meeting of Creditors. At this meeting, the Trustee and Creditors have an opportunity to question the debtor about their finances and the information filed with the court. You must bring government issued documentation to establish your identity and your social security number. Most people bring their driver’s license and social security card. Confirm with your attorney you have all required and sufficient information prior to your 341 meeting of creditors.

At this time, the Trustee is conducting 341 Meeting of Creditors by telephone: 1-877-691-9878. Enter passcode 2488085 to enter into the  conference line.

If you need language interpretation assistance, please notify our office in advance of the hearing so we can be prepared to conference in a language interpreter for your meeting.

If you move, or your address changes for any reason, your attorney must file Local Form EDC.002-085 Change of Name and/or Address with the Bankruptcy Court. Please notify your attorney of record. The form can be found here.

When you file your Chapter 13, your creditors are prohibited from taking any action against you. In exchange for that protection, you must complete your obligation under your chapter 13 plan. One of those obligations is making your payments to the Trustee on time. Your monthly plan payments are due every 25th of the month. If you miss plan payments, the Trustee cannot pay your creditors as called for by your plan, and the Trustee is obligated to file a motion to dismiss with the Bankruptcy Court. If you have a major change in your circumstances, you should notify your attorney at once. Your attorney can re-evaluate your financial situation, and if appropriate, file a motion to modify your plan to reflect your changed circumstances. This process can take several weeks or months. Be sure to contact your attorney immediately if you foresee any problem making your payments.

Our office has received many phone calls from debtors asking what to do about missed monthly payments. Debtors should talk to their attorneys about their options and the best course of action based on their situation. The Trustee does not have the authority to waive payments as required by the bankruptcy court’s orders and your chapter 13 plan.

You may call our office at (209) 576-1954 during normal office hours or email us at

Annually, the Trustee will send you a complete record of all receipts and disbursements. It will tell you exactly how much money the Trustee has received and what distributions have been made in your case. You may also monitor your case online at

Our office is not open to the public at this time. Thus, we are not accepting walk-ins or correspondence at our office. Please refer to plan payment options and our payment address below.

When your case is confirmed and you are delinquent two or more payments, our office will file a Notice of Default with the Bankruptcy Court. Once the Notice of Default is filed, you have thirty days to become current, modify your plan, or request a hearing with the Bankruptcy Court. Within the thirty days, another plan payment may become due on the 25th of the month. Please contact your attorney immediately upon receiving this notice to avoid dismissal of your case.

After the claims bar period expires, the Trustee’s office will mail a Notice of Filed Claims to you and your attorney. The Notice of Filed Claims will be based on the claims register from the court and any conformed proofs of claim received by the Trustee. The Notice of Filed Claims will list all creditors who have filed claims, all creditors listed on your schedules who have not filed claims, and the amount of each claim. You should review the Notice of Filed Claims promptly and carefully. All filed claims listed on the Notice of Filed Claims, including duplicate claims, late-filed claims, or claims which were discharged in a prior Chapter 7 case, will be paid by the Trustee unless you successfully object to the claim or the creditor amends or withdraws the claim.

You are in the best position to know whether the claims listed on the Notice of Filed Claims are legitimately your debts. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that only valid claims are paid.

If you feel that you do not owe certain debts listed on the Notice of Filed Claims, contact your attorney. Do not contact the Trustee’s office. Unless there is a court order, the Trustee has no authority to withhold payments to a creditor who has filed a proof of claim. If you do not schedule a hearing and successfully object to the claim, or if the creditor does not amend or withdraw the claim, the Trustee will pay the claim as filed. Letters or telephone calls to the Trustee do not constitute objections to claims and will not stop the Notice of Filed Claims period from running. The form and content of objections to claims are governed by Local Bankruptcy Rules and other applicable law.

Need a complete copy of a Final Report and Accounting?

Please fill out the form and include the following information in the Message: Mailing Address

You can also call (209) 576-1954 ext. 200 and provide your name, address, bankruptcy case number, email address, phone number, and how you'd like to receive a copy: email or mail.

Lilian G. Tsang

Chapter 13 Trustee
Eastern District of California
Phone: (209) 576-1954
Fax: (209) 576-7984

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday
9:00 am to Noon
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm

*We are closed for all federal holidays.

Correspondence Address:

Lilian G. Tsang, Chapter 13 Trustee
P.O. Box 3051
Modesto, CA 95353-3051

Payment Address:

Lilian G. Tsang, Chapter 13 Trustee
P.O. Box 104
Memphis, TN 38101-0104

NOTICE: This web site is provided with the understanding that the Chapter 13 Trustee Office is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent person should be sought.

Free AI Website Creator